At SourcingVA, we understand the importance of having a Plan Of Action in order to improve your chances of getting reinstated after your account has been suspended. The free PDF we have can help you write a Plan Of Action that is tailored to your specific situation.
If you are looking for help getting reinstated after your Amazon account has been suspended, download your free PDF now. We look forward to it helping you get back on track!
There are a number of reasons why it’s important to have a Plan Of Action in order to improve your chances of getting reinstated after your account has been suspended. Here are a few of the most important reasons:
- A Plan Of Action shows that you are serious about fixing the issues that caused your account to be suspended.
- A well-written Plan Of Action demonstrates that you understand the issues that led to your suspension, and that you are taking steps to address them.
- A good Plan Of Action will outline specific steps that you will take to improve your performance on Amazon. This helps Amazon understand that you are taking their concerns seriously, and that you are willing to make changes in order to get reinstated.
It is important to write a POA that is tailored to your specific situation, and it should be realistic and achievable.
The POA should include the following information:
- The reasons for your suspension
- The steps you will take to address the issues that led to your suspension
- The timeline for completing these steps
- The resources you will need to complete these steps
- Any other information that Amazon may find helpful
When writing your POA, it is important to be concise and organized. You should also be sure to include any relevant documentation or evidence that supports your plan.
If you’re ready to get help with your suspension download our free guide now.
What are the reasons for Amazon account suspensions?
There are many reasons why your Amazon account could be at risk of suspension. We will not go through all of them here as they are in the FREE PDF which you can download HERE. However, here are some to get you started. Some common reasons are:
- Not meeting minimum performance thresholds
- Late shipment rate above 3%
- Cancelled orders above 2%
- Unfulfilled orders above 0.5%
There are many more reasons why an Amazon account can be suspended. Here are 10 reasons for suspension and here few more just to give you an idea of the scope of suspensions:
- Violating Amazon’s terms of service
- Fraudulent activity
- Selling counterfeit goods
- Late shipment
- Blocked ASIN
- Poor customer service
- Damaged goods
- IP complaint
- Manipulating sales rank
If you are a new seller on Amazon, it can be difficult to understand the policies and procedures that are in place.
Some new sellers leave all responsibility in the hands of VAs or account manager services. Leaving the responsibility of your account to a VA can be risky, as they may not be familiar with the policies and procedures that are in place. As the owner of your business, it is important to be responsible for your own account and make sure that you are taking the necessary steps to avoid any potential suspensions.
How can I prevent my Amazon account from being suspended?
If you receive a performance notification from Amazon, don’t panic! There are things you can do to improve your account and get back in good standing with Amazon. In this article, we’ll discuss some tips for avoiding suspensions and getting reinstated if your account has already been suspended.
First, let’s take a look at what you can do to meet Amazon’s minimum performance thresholds and avoid a suspension.
- Make sure you’re shipping on time. One of the most important performance metrics for Amazon is the late shipment rate. If your orders are not shipping on time, you’re at risk of suspension. Make sure you’re shipping all orders within the delivery window that you specified when you created your shipping profile.
- Improve your order fulfilment rate. Another important metric is the fulfilment rate. This measures the percentage of orders that were successfully fulfilled. Make sure you’re shipping all orders that are ready to ship, and keep a close eye on your inventory levels to avoid overselling items.
- Reduce your cancellation rate. The cancellation rate measures the percentage of cancelled orders compared to the total number of orders placed. Make sure you’re only cancelling orders if it’s absolutely necessary, and try to avoid cancelling orders late in the order fulfilment process.
- Keep your inventory levels in check. Having too much or too little inventory can lead to cancelled orders and suspension from Amazon. Make sure you’re keeping a close eye on your inventory levels and ordering more stock when necessary.
5. If you are selling items that violate Amazon’s intellectual property rights, you are at risk of suspension from the platform. IP complaints can come from Amazon or from other sellers, and can result in the suspension of your account.
If you receive an IP complaint from Amazon, it is important to take action immediately. You will need to provide documentation proving that you have the right to sell the infringing products. You may also need to stop selling the infringing products and remove them from your inventory.
If you receive an IP complaint from another seller, it is important to take action immediately. You will need to provide documentation proving that you have the right to sell the infringing products. You may also need to stop selling the infringing products and remove them from your inventory. In some cases, you may also need to file a counter-notice with Amazon.
What is the process for getting reinstated after a suspension?
Now that we’ve covered some ways to avoid suspensions, let’s take a look at what you should do if your account has already been suspended.
- Contact Amazon customer service immediately. The first step in getting reinstated is contacting Amazon customer service and explaining the situation. Be prepared to provide information such as your account username, the date of the suspension, and a brief explanation of why your account was suspended(don’t rush this – use the POA guide we provided below).
- Send a letter to Amazon’s Seller Performance team explaining the situation and requesting reinstatement. Include your account username, the date of the suspension, and a brief explanation of why your account was suspended. You can find the address for Seller Performance in the original content. Again, use the PDF we provide below to create your response.
If your Amazon account is at risk of suspension because you’re not meeting Amazon’s minimum performance thresholds, there are things you can do to improve your account.
You can download a FREE PDF document that contains template letters you can use to explain the situation and request reinstatement.
However, please keep in mind that Amazon checks for original writing, so be sure to personalize the template letters as much as possible to avoid any suspicion of plagiarism.
More about the POA(Plan of Action).
A Plan of Action, or POA, is a document that outlines the steps you will take to resolve an issue with Amazon. If your Amazon account has been suspended, you will need to send a letter to Amazon’s Seller Performance team outlining the steps you will take to get reinstated. A POA can also be used for other purposes, such as resolving product quality issues or order fulfilment problems.
When writing a POA, it’s important to be concise and specific. You should include information on what went wrong, what you plan to do to fix the problem, and how long it will take you to resolve the issue. In addition, you should provide contact information for yourself and any other individuals involved in resolving the issue.
It’s important to remember that following through on your POA is just as important as submitting it. Amazon may check in with you periodically to ensure that you are taking the necessary steps to resolve the issue. If you fail to follow through, your Amazon account may be terminated.
We have some template letters to help you with your POA. Download your FREE POA now.
What are the consequences of a suspended Amazon account?
When your Amazon account is suspended, it can cause a lot of problems for your business. Not being able to sell on Amazon can cost you a lot of money and damage your reputation. In addition, if your account is suspended for a long time, you may lose your customers and have to start over from scratch.
So if you’re facing suspension from Amazon, it’s important to take the necessary steps to get reinstated as soon as possible. One way to do this is by sending a letter to Amazon’s Seller Performance team.
You can download a FREE PDF document that contains a template letter you can use to explain the situation and request reinstatement.
Please keep in mind that Amazon checks for original writing, so be sure to personalize the template letters as much as possible to avoid any suspicion of plagiarism.
How long will it take to get my Amazon account reinstated?
It can take a while to get reinstated after your Amazon account has been suspended. The Seller Performance team will review your letter and make a decision on whether or not to reinstate your account. Depending on the reason for your suspension, it may take a few days or weeks, even months for more serious offences for the team to make a decision.
Selling on Amazon can be a great way to make money, but it’s important to follow the rules and regulations. Violating Amazon’s terms of service can lead to your account being suspended. In this article, we have outlined three common mistakes that Amazon sellers make that can lead to suspension. Above is a free PDF document with a template letter you can use to request reinstatement from Seller Performance. So if you’re facing suspension from Amazon, don’t panic—take the necessary steps to get reinstated as soon as possible.
Do not give up, and good luck! If you need further help, contact us at email@example.com